10 more reasons to visit Funchal
- To visit Mercado dos Lavradores in order to
- taste some passion fruit and buy flowers from these beautiful ladies:
2. To taste Madeira’s special bread: bolo do caco:
3. To visit Funchal’s Cathedral – The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption in Sé or simply called Sé:
4. To say hello to João Gonçalves Zarco proudly standing on this monument:
5. To take pictures of other impressive monuments that can be found everywhere in the city:
6. To admire gorgeous panoramic views:
7. To visit the three forts built to protect the population of Funchal. São Lourenço Palace is the city’s first fortress, built 1529-40. Today, it houses Madeira’s Military Museum.
8. To see many exotic trees:
9. To try to spot the President of Madeira in his official residence – Quinta Vigia.
10. To walk along the ocean and listen to street musicians:
But most of all, the main reason to visit Funchal is to fall in love with this amazing city and with the island of Madeira.
It was an amazing trip,
and thank you for traveling with us!