10 more highlights in Madrid
1. La Cibeles Fountain.
The fountain is named after Cybele, a Phrygian goddess who had a significant cult in Rome, and is seen as one of Madrid’s most important symbols. The sculpture depicts the goddess, sitting on a chariot pulled by two lions.
2. El Oso y el Madrono (the Bear and the Strawberry Tree). The Oso and Madrono is the official symbol of the city. It is part of Madrid’s Coat of Arms.
3. The views of the city from the roof-tops:
4. Monument to Miguel de Cervantes, with Don Quichote and Sancho Panza of course!
5. Statues on top of some buildings
6. Amazing architecture, my favourite style: art deco:
7. Wrought iron balconies:
8. Friendly and sometimes funny people:
8. Normal-looking Picasso’s and Dali’s paintings:
10. Madrid’s Central Park – El Retiro: