Hello my dear friends, this is the last post from São Miguel. I would like to present ten reasons why it is worth coming to Ponta Delgada:
- To see its gorgeous architecture:
2. To see the ocean, maybe take a whale-watching boat tour:
3. To see these geometric street pavements:
6. To see the statue of the Archangel Michael in front of the city hall, the patron of the island.
8. To visit the pineapple plantation, located within the city limits:
9. To see these incredible trees, originally from Australia – metrosiderus tomentosa tree. Ponta Delgada has several incredible botanical gardens.
10. To try local cuisine in their amazing restaurants; always start with a soup:
I recommend the restaurant TASCA. It is very busy in the evening, all tables are usually reserved, especially on the weekend.
Ten reasons to visit Ponta Delgada is not enough. It is an amazing city located on an incredible island. It is worth coming here and exploring not only this place but also the remaining islands belonging to the Azores archipelago. Thank you Alda for inspiring me to come here and thank you all my readers for travelling with me on this blog and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS.
Viva Os Açores!